You agree we can collect, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Verifying any information that you give to us (or information that you may collect from other sources) with third parties and third party databases, including Government agencies (for eg. NZ Transport Authority, Dept of Internal Affairs, Motor Vehicle Register (name and address), PPSR) for a purpose related to your application for credit, or administering your account with us, including for fraud prevention and complying with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009.
- Carrying out credit checks on you with a credit reporting agency for a purpose of making a credit decision affecting you (including debt collection), for providing you with a quotation of the cost of credit or for the requirements of the Anti Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009. This will require us to give your information to the credit reporting agency as well as the credit reporting agency providing information about you to us. [We may also disclose positive credit information (including repayment history information) to a credit reporting agency.]
- Debt recovery including appointing an agent to collect any outstanding debts and listing defaults with a credit reporting agency.
- Checking the Ministry of Justice fines database for any overdue fines you may have. This will require us to give your information to the Ministry of Justice. This check may be carried out by a credit reporting agency, which will require the search results to be disclosed to the credit reporting agency.
- Where you have voluntarily given us your driver licence information, this information may also be disclosed to a credit reporting agency and the Ministry of Justice as part of the checks you undertake with them.
You authorise any third party to provide your personal information to us for any of these purposes.
You understand that if we disclose your personal information to a credit reporting agency, they may hold my information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and they may disclose your information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose.
You can access or correct your personal information by calling 0800 28 27 24. We may charge you a fee to access the information we have about you.
If any laws require us to give you any information in writing, you agree we can send you this information electronically. We’ll either use an email address or mobile number you’ve given us for this purpose or we’ll include the information on a website you can access.